Adobe Flash (previously called Shockwave Flash and Macromedia Flash) is a set of multimedia software developed and distributed by Adobe Systems and earlier by Macromedia. Since its introduction in 1996, Flash has become a popular method for adding animation and interactivity to web pages. Flash is commonly used to create animation, advertisements, and various web page components, to integrate video into web pages, and more recently, to develop rich Internet applications.
It is fascinating to me, being an explorer of software applications, that I can access applications across the internet. “Flash” is software that enables this to happen. To access flash-based applications, you need the Adobe Flash Player. Adobe Flash Player is the high-performance, lightweight, highly expressive client runtime that delivers powerful and consistent user experiences across major operating systems, browsers, mobile phones, and device
Reflected are some of my favorite flash-based websites. If you are unable to access these sites, it is most likely you need the Adobe Flash Player.
- Flash Earth – explore satellite and aerial imagery of the earth from multiple sources, including NASA, Microsoft and more inside a single Flash- based interface.
- KuKu Klok – online alarm clock designed to wake you up.
- Flash Chess III – online chess game. There is also a downloadable version.
- World Clock 2008 – an accurate world time clock capable of showing time anywhere in the world.
- Floor Planner – Floor Planner is the easiest, quickest, and best looking way to create and share interactive floorplans. Using point-and-click, drag-and-drop tools, you can make your floor plan in minutes, and rearrange it as often as you want. You can set up an account and according to the web site, Floor Planner is free for personal use.
- eCalc – if you need a calculator in a pinch, this is the one to use. It is available in a “Basic” or “Scientific” version. Features an Unit Converter, Equation Solver, Scientific Functions, Complex Numbers, Decimal to Fraction, RPN or Algebraic and it is 100 % FREE..