I have always had a fascination with “text to speech” readers and TTS Reader is no exception. What I like about this particular reader is that you can adjust the speed, pitch and volume to give it a more natural “voice” experience. The voices are generated through the process of synthesis which combines the mixture of sounds from a set of fundamental routines in order to create the robotic voices.
I use this reader to “read back to me” web pages, letters, documents, and my blog posts. It is always good to hear what you have written. I found that the simplest method to use this reader is to start up the program and minimize it to the task bar; then simply highlight and copy the text to the clipboard that you desire to have read back. TTS Reader’s built-in clipboard monitoring will automatically read the text back to you. TTS Reader is available as a full install (on your PC) or as a portable application that can be carried on your USB flash drive.
TTSReader – Full-featured text-to speech software package that allows reading text aloud as well as to wav or mp3 files. TTSReader can be used for reading documents, e-mails, e-books or any on-screen text. Additionally, by reading documents to wav or mp3 files, they can be made available on portable devices.
- Intuitive user interface design
- Automatic highlighting of currently read text
- Reading to wav
- Reading to mp3, with adjustable settings
- Pronunciation corrections
- Support for both SAPI4 and SAPI5 voices
- Floating toolbar.
- Support for rich text formatting
- Skipping of sentences or paragraphs while reading
- Auto-reading the clipboard
- Reading with control tags
- Global hotkeys
- Documentation provided for all features