Here of late I have been helping the innocent with cleaning malware from their PC’s. When I say innocent, I am talking the everyday computer user, the Moms and Pops, the people who do not venture far on the internet, the people who try to follow the rules, the people who have their PC’s protected… What has been puzzling is that I have not been able to specifically pinpoint a specific cause for the infections. The only thing I can figure is that the malware payload is being introduced to the computer as the result of the user clicking on a malicious web link that initiates the infection process. Is it me or is malware becoming harder to detect?
When it comes to the removal (or cleaning) process of malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is the application I have confidence in. I have always depended on the FREE version; however, I am now considering, for my own PC, buying the FULL version (a one time fee) of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Why? The FULL version offers real-time active protection (that can detect a malware payload before it causes damage), scheduled scanning and scheduled updates. In essence, with the FREE version basically I have been using it as a standby malware cleaner in the event my PC becomes infected; whereas, the FULL version will help prevent the infection from occurring in the first place.
Don’t get me wrong, either way you go, FREE version or FULL version, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a must have app on your PC. It is just a matter of decision of whether you want full time protection or part-time protection.
- Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware protection module. (requires registration)
- Database updates released daily.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.