Have you every wondered where the Wi-Fi (wireless) signal is the strongest and the weakest in your home or business?
One way to perform a site survey for your location is to use the FREE software utility called Ekahau HeatMapper. This utility is designed to map and detect your wireless access points, find security problems, and determine the configuration settings for each access point (such as channels, SSIDs, technologies, MAC addresses, AP vendor, maximum data rate, etc.). The most optimal method for using Ekahu HeatMapper is to import a layout map of your location in order to get accurate results; however, a grid layout is built in.
- Shows Wi-Fi coverage on a map
- Locates all access points
- Detects security settings and finds open networks
- Designed for home and small office
- Free of charge, one-minute install
- Supports 802.11n, as well as a/b/g
- Over 100,000 users