If you use Google Chrome, I encourage you to take a look at the highly rated browser extension called YoWindow Free Weather, at the Google Chrome Web Store. This extension features a living picture of the weather that can be configured to download your local weather (and forecasts) from the National Weather Service. You can also configure this extension to grab the weather for multiple locations. I especially like, that once you open the extension, you can go full screen and leave it running to see the weather at any moment when you are not using your PC.
- Living weather picture – real cloud coverage, rain/snow, fog, grass swings to the wind, Sun, Moon, mist, thunderstorms…
- Full featured weather station – lots of information
- Time-scroll – see weather at any moment
- Animated landscapes – Village, Seaside, Airport plus 1400+ picture based landscapes
- Turn any picture into landscape with living sky