- Open a new tab in your web browser and head to Facebook.com and login.
- Click on the downward arrow in the top-right corner and choose Settings, or head to Facebook.com/settings.
- At the bottom of the General tab click on “Download a copy of your Facebook data.“
- Select what you would like to include, or leave everything selected (default) then click Create File.
- Wait until your data is ready to download. You will receive a notification when it’s done.
- Click on the notification, review the file size, then click Download.
- Enter your account password to confirm your identity, then wait for the download to complete.