One of the joys of being a tech blogger is that on many occasions a software developer will contact you about their creations. I get especially excited when it is a developer that is developing FREE software and wants me to help get the word out.
Recently I had SE-SOFT.COM point me into the direction of their site which features a variety of portable apps that can be used on your flash drive (or computer). I encourage you to visit their site to take a look at SE-TrayMenu, SE-Screensavers, SE-Explorer, SE-RSS Tools and SE-Media Player. If you are wondering, the “SE” is an acronym for “Smart & Easy”.
Out of the batch of software presented at SE-SOFT.COM, the one that jumped on my plate was SE-Explorer.
If you are into file managers, and portable at that, this one is definitely worth a look see. When I started testing SE-Explorer, my initial reaction was, “just another dual panel file manager”, when I realized that SE-Explorer was a whole lot more than that. This app provides a variety of built-in tools to explore the files and folders on your PC. In essence, this app is a packaged deal where panels can be opened to present various tools such as:
Dual Pane File Manager
Another feature I really liked was in the dual panel file manager. When you right click on a file, a very basic (what you really need) menu appears instead of the typical lengthy explorer (system) menu. For example, if you right click on a file or folder, the following menu will appear.
You can, of course, get to the regular Windows Explorer “system menu”, if need be, by clicking on “System Menu”. This type of layout is excellent, especially if you do the typical file management operations (such as rename, copy, move or delete).
I could go on more about this app, because the more I use it, the more I find another gem buried within. SE-SOFT.COM, PLEASE continue to develop this app further. It will surely be a winner…
- Clear tabbed interface
- Different file browsers: dual panel, classic windows explorer, command prompt
- Enhanced file search function and embedded size scanner
- Media player for audio, video and flash files: MP3, WAV, AVI, MPEG, WMV, SWF, FLV, etc.
- Picture viewer which supports most popular image file formats
- Archive explorer for ZIP, RAR, ISO, 7Z, MSI, CAB, etc.
- Resource view for executable files and icon libraries
- PDF and DjVu, DOC and WRI, Html Help and RTF documents view
- Text viewer with syntax highlighting
- Compare folders by content including subfolders
- Text file compare (difference)
- Hex viewer for binary files
- Dll Inspector with resources/dependencies/classes and interfaces views for executable files
- Web Browser for web and email files
- TTF Font files view
- XML structure view
post to jaanix
[ CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A COMMENT ]