June 25, 2017
Get the new release of Spybot – Search & Destroy, portable version, at PortableApps.com. Great addition to your tech toolbox…
Spybot – Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies.
SOURCE: PortableApps.com – Spybot – Seach & Destroy
June 22, 2017
This is a good portable app to scan your home network (and work network) to determine what devices are on the network; and, can also be used to detect intrusions or devices that should not be on your network.
Advanced IP Scanner
Reliable and free network scanner to analyze LAN. The program shows all network devices, gives you access to shared folders, provides remote control of computers (via RDP and Radmin), and can even remotely switch computers off. It is easy to use and runs as a portable edition. It should be the first choice for every network admin.
- Easy access to network shares
- Remote control via RDP and Radmin
- MAC addresses detection
- Switching on/off computers remotely
- Export scan results to CSV
- No installation required
SOURCE: Advanced IP Scanner
June 22, 2017
What a clipboard manager does is capture and archive your “copy / paste” operations. If you are looking for one with a ton of features, then check out ClipAngel (see source link below). If you don’t believe me, check out the feature list below. ClipAngel is an open source program that is a portable app.
- Supports clipboard formats: text, html, rtf, file, image
- Captures data of supported types copied to clipboard (clips)
- Captures sender window title and process name for clip
- Shows source URL for HTML clip
- Filter by marks “Used (Pasted)” and “Favorite” with keyboard shortcuts
- Filter by clip type
- Hot (as you type) text filter for clip list
- Stores last used for paste text filters
- Marking used (pasted) clips
- Marking filter matches in text
- Marking hyperlinks in text and Alt+click to open them
- Marking END of clip text
- Marking filter matches in list
- Allows to paste clip as original or plain text selected or all
- Repeated external copy of any previous clip raises it to top of list
- Settings “Max clip size KB” and “History depth number”
- Setting “Hotkey to open window with reset”
- Searching back and forward filter text in text
- Ability to delete and move clips in list
- Text filter and clip list share key presses, no need to change focus
- History is stored encrypted on disk
- Setting “Hotkey to incremental paste”
- Switch “word wrap”
- Switch “move just pasted clip to top”
- Switch “show column with short visible size of clip”
- Command “Edit clip title”
- Edit clip text mode
- Commands “Mark/Unmark favorite” for clips
- Support for format “Clipboard Viewer Ignore” to respect password copy privacy
- Auto and manual check for new version and one click update
- Portable mode
- Auto position window on open near text input
- Switch “Always on top” for window
- Command to open clip as file
- Command to simulate char input (for windows isolated from clipboard)
- Support for sending paste and input to elevated windows
- Switch “Monitor clipboard”
- Switch “Monospaced font”
- Switch “Clear filters on window close”
- Filter ON indication in “Clear filter” button
- Full support for difficult windows in paste command (cmd.exe and non fullscreen RDP)
- Text position indicator shows offset, column and line number, selection length
- Clip list shows samples for picture clips
- Switch “Native formatting” for HTML and RTF clips
- Switch “Show clip source icon column”
- Automatic window open after capture text clip from ABBYY Screenshot Reader
- Command “Text compare” with support for Beyond Compare, ExamDiff Pro, WinMerge, Araxis Merge, DiffMerge and custom application
- Command “Translate text”
- Target window title is shown in window title after ” >> “
- Setting “Default font”
- Setting “Hotkey to open window with favorites”
- Command “Clear clipboard”
- Command “Move to top”
- Switch “Copy text in any window on Control+F3”
- Setting “Hotkey to compare last clips”
- Commands to set type filter values
- Switch “Autoselect first match”
- Multiselect clips in list supported by most commands
- Setting “Hotkey to open window with no changes”
- Command “Switch focus list/text F10”
- Series >3 identical chars are cut off in clip autotitle
- Setting “Folder for clip temp files”
- Tooltip on clip row in list
- Switch “Case sensitive search”
- Switch “Search independent words”
- Switch “Search ‘%’ as any char sequence”
- Setting “Database file” to switch clip lists
- Drag&Drop clips from list
SOURCE: Sourceforge – ClipAngel
March 29, 2017
Treesize FREE is software that is engineered to quickly scan the directories and files on your computer to tell you (in a nice GUI layout) where the spacehogs are.
TreeSize FREE, as of Version 4.0, now offers the hierarchical treemap chart known from TreeSize Professional. The treemap will help you visualize how the data is distributed on your system. The treemap feature is activated by using the “Show Treemap” button on the “View” Tab.
Treesize FREE is offered as a full install or as a portable app…
Other notable changes in V4.0 are:
- TreeSize Free now uses the ribbon interface known from other applications like the Windows 10 Explorer or MS Office.
- TreeSize Free is now available via the Windows Store, replacing TreeSize Touch.
- TreeSize Free now uses a modern UWP-style layout for the touch-optimized UI.
- Overlay menus and the new “Options” dialog increase the usable workspace.
- The touch-optimized UI will now present itself windowed and can be moved/resized like other store apps for Windows 10.
- The recently scanned paths are now available on the touch-optimized UI.
- The scaling for displays with high DPI values for both, classic and touch-optimized UI has been improved.
- The scan performance of mobile devices has been increased significantly.
- TreeSize Free now supports selecting multiple elements in the directory tree for mobile phones and cameras.
- Bugfix: Corrected the column layout in printed reports. It should now use the available size of an A4 page with portrait format.
- Bugfix: Several minor bug fixes and improvements have been incorporated.
Source: TreeSize FREE
March 17, 2017
This is the portable version of WSCC at Download Crew… WSCC is a great way to quickly access the tools at NirSoft and Sysinternals; as well as various Windows Tools. To learn more, click on the source link below.
Source: WSCC (Windows System Control Center) Portable 18.104.22.168
March 13, 2017
I am really impressed with this portable tech toolbox called Windows Repair Toolbox (see source link below); and, can see it as a real asset to anyone who assists others that are experiencing computer problems.
The developer has created a dashboard of sorts that will assist you with downloading the necessary tools to fix or troubleshoot a PC. Most of the downloaded tools will land in a downloads folder that is a subfolder of the Windows Repair Toolbox folder (which keeps everything together in one place). There are some downloads that are full downloads (for example, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware). Another nice feature is that you can add your own custom tools.
(Almost) everything you need to repair Windows problems in one small handy tool.
Source: Windows Repair Toolbox – (Almost) everything you need to repair Windows problems in one small handy tool.