I love weather apps and WeatherDan is a new one on my plate. What I like about WeatherDan is that it sits in your system tray (bottom right corner where the time is) where you can click on the lightning bolt icon to get the current weather. You get your weather results by entering your zip code. Right mouse click on the icon and you can get the radar (which can be set for a view up to 192 miles). Once you have the current weather and/or radar on the screen, simply left mouse click on them and they will disappear. It appears the source for the weather is harvested from Weather.com due to the link option on the menu that will take you to the Weather.com web site (to get the complete weather).
You may have heard about the Dark Sky weather forecasting app on the Android and iOS platforms. It is well known for its’ down-to-the-minute precision of weather forecasting and visualization. Now you can experience Dark Sky on the web. I encourage you to take a look at Dark Sky and experience the weather (ad free) from a different perspective. Note: Especially play around with the maps (2D and 3D).
A summary of Today’s Geek Squeaks‘:
Squeak #1 – (A Real-Time Weather Station In Your Browser): If you use Google Chrome as your browser, I highly recommend that you install the Weather Watcher browser extension. It will be all you need, at the click of a button, to get your local weather stats and more (SEE BELOW);
Squeak #2 – (Build HTML5 Web Content With Google Web Designer): For those who are into web design, the NEW Google Web designer (currently in beta) may be something that you can use to design the more advanced web content. When in design view, you can create content using drawing tools, text, and 3D objects, and you can animate objects on a timeline… (SEE BELOW);
Squeak #3 – (The Best AMD Gaming Motherboards): Elite Gaming Computers (on my blogroll) posted an article that gives you insight on the best of the best when it comes to the AMD Gaming Motherboards. Like anything else, you get what you pay for and if you are into gaming, you only want the best (SEE BELOW); and,
Squeak #4 – (A 360 Degree Wireless Speaker ): When it comes to speakers, the wireless technology continues to fascinate me. Today I found a bluetooth wireless speaker that can be wirelessly controlled up to 50 feet away, can take your phone calls, and is water (and stain) resistant (SEE BELOW)…
Geek Squeaks’, featuring a round-up of tech products, news, software, apps, wallpapers, articles, you name it; from my favorite tech web sites… I just plain love tech!
See An Endless Stream Of Geek Squeaks’ [ HERE ]
Chrome Browser Extension – Weather Watcher Live
Weather Watcher is a full featured weather station. Access weather data from NWS Weather stations, real-time WeatherBug weather stations… GET IT HERE
Google Web Designer
The Best AMD Gaming Motherboards for 2013
The motherboard is the central communication center for your computer. It’s where all of your components plug into and are able to communicate with each other.
UE BOOM – 360-Degree Speaker
That Drops Immersive Sound In Every Direction
The 360-degree speaker design drops bold, immersive sound into any space. And the water and stain resistant acoustic skin and 15-hour rechargeable battery mean you’re ready for wherever the night takes you… CHECK IT OUT HERE
This week’s tech product is unique in that it is a product that everyone should have in their bug out bag. When I refer to the term “bug out”, I am talking about getting out of your immediate home based area due to an emergency condition, such as a weather emergency. When this occurs I would want to get my hands on the Adventurer Ambient Weather WR-11B (multi-purpose emergency device).
When I look at products such as this, I take a look at the customer reviews and the reviews on Adventure Ambient Weather WR-11B is very impressive [ see here ].
- Dynamo Power: The hand crank generator charges the internal Lithium Ion battery
- Solar Power: You can play this Radio with the direct Sun or charge the Lithium Ion battery
- USB Power: With the included adapter, you can play or charge with USB power from a computer
- Rechargeable Power: 3.7V/800 mAh Lithium Ion Battery Included (non-proprietary)
- Maximum Power Consumption: 0.5W
- AM: 525 KHz to 1710KHz
- FM: 88MHz to 108 MHz
- Digital 7-Channel Weather Band
- Weather Alert Mode with audible and visual indication
- USB Charging Cable
- Mini, Micro, and USB charging tips included (Apple™ owners can use the USB cable that came with your IPod, IPhone, or IPad)
- 3-LED Flashlight
- Flashlight Intensity: 15 lumens
- Retractable Antenna
- Audio Out for Personal Head Phones
- Wrist lanyard
- Dimensions: 5.5″ x 3.0″ x 2.0″
- Weight: less than 0.5 lbs.
- Ideal as an everyday radio, MP3/MP4 USB dock and an essential part of any preparedness kit. Always ready to provide vital information and illumination in any emergency.
- Rubberized finish makes the ADVENTURER comfortable to grip.
- Green energy – a sustainable product that’s built to last.
- The WR-111 offers a real alternative to grid electricity or fossil fuels, so you can feel cleaner about your nature experience. Never worry about buying, carrying or disposing of batteries again.
- The ADVENTURER self-charge mechanism converts over 70% of your kinetic energy into stored electricity.
- Self-charge while playing anytime to top up the power – never miss the end of that song, the end of the game or that last item in the news report.
- The integrated LED is a vital source of light in blackouts, or just when checking your alarm clock at your bedside in the morning.
Today’s post is a short one, but a good one! The Weather Underground has come out with a NEW interactive weather map (big upgrade from previous map) , chocked full of features, in a full screen mode, called WunderMap.
You can immediately get a visual weather overview at the local, regional or continental level; additional map layers that can easily be defined, and an animation feature that beats any weather map out there.
You can try out WunderMap [ HERE ] .
GEEK BONUS AREA